Face to face meetings of MiPP are held at least bi-monthly, usually in the Melbourne metropolitan area. Continuing professional education, such as newborn resuscitation workshops with NETS, is facilitated by members from time to time.
Each MiPP member is responsible for her/his own practice of midwifery, maintenance of professional standards, and appropriate record keeping.
The midwife joining or renewing full membership agrees to:
- Practice in a way that is consistent with the International Confederation of Midwives' Definition of the midwife
- Attend MIPP meetings when able. If this is not possible at any time, the midwife sends an apology, and contributes to current discussion by other means.
- Contribute to the activities and work of MIPP.
- Participate in professional standards peer review within the collective.
- Contribute to periodic reviews, providing quantitative and/or qualitative data as appropriate.