- a registered Midwife in Victoria
- who derives some income from private midwifery practice
- and provides primary care for pregnancy, birth & postnatal period
Midwives In Private Practice (MIPP) is a collective of qualified midwives, providing support, education, and promotion of best practice midwifery in any setting. Each member is responsible for her/his own practice of midwifery, maintenance of professional standards, and appropriate record keeping.
MIPP is a member group of Maternity Coalition Incorporated.
The midwife joining or renewing membership agrees to:
- Practice in a way that is consistent with the International Confederation of Midwives' Definition of the midwife
- Attend MIPP meetings. If this is not possible at any time, the midwife sends an apology, and contributes to current discussion by other means.
- Contribute to the activities and work of MIPP.
- Participate in professional standards peer review within the collective.
- Contribute to periodic reviews, providing quantitative and/or qualitative data as appropriate.
The MIPP list at the Maternity Coalition website has been updated recently. The following midwives are listed, with phone and email addresses:
Alice Barden, Eltham
Amy Gillies, Wantirna South
Andrea Quanchi*, Echuca
Fiona Hallinan, Clifton Hill
Belinda Henkel*, Rosanna
Clare Lane* Mitcham
Helen Barrington, Ferntree Gully
Helen Brown, Heathmont
Helen Sandner, Strathdale
Jan Ireland*, Bentleigh East
Jennie Teskey*, Clifton Hill
Joy Johnston*, Blackburn South
Juliana Brennan* Gruyere
Kelly Langford*, Kensington
Leanne Chapman* Mildura
Louise Norbergen* Montrose
Malinda Morieson, Croydon
Melody Bourne, Brunswick
Nicola Dutton, Bayswater
Sally McCrae, Castlemaine
Sally-Anne Brown, Apollo Bay
Seneka Cohen, Croydon North
Note: Midwives with * after their names are able to provide Medicare rebates.